Yes, we had a get away! Steve, Sophia and I went to Mexico with my whole family!! Yes, all of us in two rooms and we had a BLAST!!! The plane ride there was really good we really one had one problem. Three children and only one problem...that's really good, funny thing is it was with Robert. Katie and Robert had buddy passes and he didn't get on our flight so he got into Mexico and day later than we did. It was kind of nice because we didn't want to do anything without him so we just hung out at the hotel, one the beach and in the many pools that the hotel had. It was probably one of my favorite days, not having to worry about anything.
If any of you know my mom you know that she hates to sit and do nothing, especially on vacation. Well, we made her sleep in and have nothing planned but the day that we went to the ruins. I think she enjoyed it also.
We went to two ruins, Chic hen Itza (Chicken Pizza, for some) and Ek'Balam. It was really neat to see these places and hear the history, it really made be glad that I live now and then. I think I enjoyed Ek'Balam best because there wasn't as many people and it was right in the jungle. Also, you can still walk up to the top of the temple, which was really neat.
We also went on a boat ride over to an island, my mom hated the ride over. It was a small boat and it was bouncy, but if you know my mom she isn't a huge fan of water. It was so pretty the water was blue and the fish were amazing. I went snorkeling for the first time and our guide would put crackers in the water right by us so the fish would swim right at us. It was so much fun.
We did have a blast and surprisingly there wasn't too many problems, unless you count Katie and Robert's buddy pass getting canceled for the way home and they had to buy tickets home. Like I said, THREE children and Katie and Robert had the stress on the plane.
Here are some pictures....enjoy!
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
You have some awesome pictures! I'm glad to see them...it made me want to go back! I'm jealous because I always go with the intent of taking a bunch of pictures, and even when I do, I feel like I didn't take enough. Maybe you can get those to me on the 3rd Sunday. :)
Hey Em! Your blog is darling! I can't believe how old sophia is. Doesn't it seem like you were pregnant like a week ago? Does to me! Anyway you can connect to mine through this I think... Love ya!
Post a Comment